Yay! A perfect top pick Tuesday post! Yesterday I received a nomination of the Liebster Award from Consortium of the Curious. I feel very honored whenever anyone mentions me or my blog, all of the ping backs and awards that continue to make me feel like my work matters. So thank you for including me!
Here are the rules for the award:
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Post eleven new questions to your recipients
- Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
Alrightie, 11 facts about myself.
- I can play the guitar and piano
- My dog is part timber wolf, I like to say he is direwolf.
- I’ve had more stitches than broken bones.
- I want to learn to sail.
- My first car was a black Honda Civic and it was pretty awesome.
- I am 5’1.6″ tall, while my boyfriend is 6’2″ -more than a foot taller than me (occasionally I pretend he is a stranger and run away from him in parking lots. He doesn’t think it’s funny)
- I enjoy a glass of wine while cooking.
- I would like to write a cookbook.
- I used to have an irrational fear of answering my office phone. I still fear leaving voicemails.
- One of my life goals is to start a charity for children and teens who are scarred, but because it is cosmetic, insurances often wont cover corrective surgery. I would like to name it Hearts for Scars and beyond raising money for corrective surgery the donations would also be used for self acceptance and self esteem programs.
- I once wrestled a zebra and won. (It may have been stuffed).
These are the 11 questions posed by Consortium of the Curious with my answers following.
1. Coffee or Tea?
I love both coffee and tea.
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. What’s your favorite animal?
4. If you combine the answers to 2 and 3 and made an animal of that color, is it awesome?
Well, it would not be too much different, so yes a brown tiger would be awesome.
5. Who are you currently reading?
George R. R. Martin
6. Who is your celebrity crush? If you don’t have one, lighten up a little.
7. What’s your sign?
8. Apple or Microsoft?
9. If you could title your memoirs right now, what would you call them?
If I’m Going Down, I’m Taking You With Me!
10. Do you prefer the city or the country?
The city. I love the country at times, but I’m a city girl.
11. Do you write longhand or solely by computer?
I mostly write longhand, but it drives me crazy to have to re-type everything into the computer.
Now it’s your turn 11 wonderful bloggers, I greatly enjoy reading your posts. So, if you feel inclined to answer some questions and write some new ones, I hereby nominate you for the Liebster Award!
- Contemplating Love
- Retcon Poet
- Catherine, Caffeinated
- Bluepearlgirl’s world
- FanFiction Fridays
- Lovely Books Blog
- The Mind Cell
- Reflections of a Book Addict
And the questions you must answer!
- What is your favorite book?
- What are the three items you would bring to a deserted island?
- If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Cats or Dogs?
- When you were young what occupation did you imagine for yourself?
- Why do you write?
- Do you have a collection and what is it?
- Do you still own a pair of toe socks?
- Your favorite app is _____?
- DC or Marvel?
- The scariest book you ever read was_______?